“The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.”-Unknown
In the hustle and bustle of life, important matters began to drift away. The simple things. The ordinary things that can change the day, and in the long run change your relationship.
Here are 5 FREE ways to make your significant other happy.
Happy is a subjective term. Happy is relative to each person, and each relationship. Yet, at the end of the day, everyone simply wants to feel loved. Simple reminders that you care, that don’t cost a thing to show or give.
- Say I love you. In the midst of your crazy day, or in anticipation of one, saying I love you could change their day. Do you remember the scene in The King Of Queens when Carrie was on the phone with her boss, at the end of the call accidentally said I love you. We must make sure not to allow those three little words to become habit, a figure of speech at the end of our calls, as to deteriorate the meaning to your significant other.
- Mid day text to let them know your thinking about them. Showing you care for someone comes in a million tiny insignificant ways. Like “Buckle your seat belt”, “Lock the door”, “Text me when you arrive”. In a virtual society, saying “Hey” will bring a smile for the rest of there day. Use Pinterest to your advantage, look up cute antidotes to share and make them your own.
- Hugs and Kisses When you part to go to work, when you come home and before you go to sleep.
- Don’t wait to long to complete or work on the “Honey Do List”. Remember to complete the task or chore they asked your help with. When you remember to do something your significant other asked, or remember something they said, it’ll bring a little light to their day, showing you truly listen.
- Does your neighbor have any roses in their garden that won’t be missed? While it may seem simple, picking a flower for your S.O will show them you thought of them along your way. What the flower will truly show to be a gesture, and less of an item.
The beauty is in the little things. In the things that we so easily forget to do, but can make a world of difference. Remember to tell someone you love them tonight.
P.S You’ll be alright